There has been quite some hype regarding the Roku OS 8. Amid a lot of Speculation, Roku is finally out with its OS 8. Well its a lot of improvement on the previous system. The biggest improvement was seen by ROKU TVs as they get improvements for interconnectivity between antenna and internet streaming.
Here are the latest features:
- New voice features and enhancements (US only): Since long Fire Tv had jumped up to the number one option for streaming due to its AI powered interface and voice commands. This update puts all those features and more into your Roku. The Roku now comes with Voice Commands for internet streaming.
- Smart Guide for Roku TVs (US only): Well Roku voice features didn’t just stop at the device itself. If you own a Roku Smart Tv, you can now connect an HD antenna to your TV and the Smart Guide will pick up all your local channels and give you voice control over all local channels. A plus is that it will also list all upcoming shows for the next seven days and give you options to set reminders etc. Moreover Roku search results will include your local tv results with it.
- Private Listening for antenna TV (Roku TV only): Well you can now watch your local television with private listening without disturbing the peers sleeping next to you. This has really made roku the first device to integrate Local TV with internet streaming.
- Fast TV Start (Roku TV only): You can now choose to enable Fast TV Start on your Roku TV to more quickly start your TV from standby, wake your TV with a voice command using the voice remote or Roku mobile app, and install software updates while in standby. To toggle Fast TV Start on or off, go to Settings > System > Power and click on Fast TV Start to enable/disable the feature at any time. For more detail Call Roku Com Support and speak to Roku Customer Service.
- TV Everywhere (TVE) single sign-on: Finally a Roku Update to make our lives easier. Roku has partnered with TV Everywhere(Adobe) and now there is no need to sign in again and again to your channels. Earlier, every week or so your TV provider would sign you out and you would have to sign in to your channels once again, which really was a headache. Now sign in once and enjoy all your channels endlessly, across all your Roku devices.
Following Roku devices will receive the new Roku 8
- Roku Streaming Players – 4660X, 4640X, 4630X, 4620X, 4400X, 4230X, 4210X, 4200X, 3910X, 3900X, 3810X, 3800X, 3710X, 3700X, 3600X, 3500X, 3420X, 3400X, 3100X, 3050X, 3000X, 2720X, 2710X, 2700X, 2500X, 2450X, 2400X
- Roku TV – All Roku TV models are expected to receive Roku OS 8