People experience the Roku error code 003 when the device is unable to update even if it is connected to the internet. Roku Error code 003 also occurs when you are not able to connect to many channels by using an internet connection. Mainly there are two main reasons why you cannot update your Roku device. One reason is a server at the backend is down or Roku is suffering a tough time in the establishment of an internet connection.
Many people will not be aware of what Roku error code 003 is. For them, we would like to tell that it’s a type of streaming player which allows the user to watch the TV and get access to various content. This platform allows you to watch free content with no charges. Other than the traditional channels, you get quality content at a less price point.
Now talking about what causes the Roku error code 003?
Roku Error Code 003 will not let you update the Roku and it has to do with your internet connection. Below are a few reasons why this error occurs-
- It occurs because of network security protocols.
- Roku undergoes the server problems at the backend. This problem has been found in the past.
- Chances are that the device is not updated with the latest version.
Here are the following three solutions of Roku Error Code 003-
- Solution 1- Check the Roku server status- Check that your Roku device is undergoing any background issue or not. If your servers are down or undergoing maintenance, you cannot do anything which will help you in connection.
- Solution 2- Change the network security protocol- Roku does not support the AES protocols in network security. There are many cases found when Roku refused to update and shows the Roku Error Code 003 because of the protocol used in the network. What you can do is, you can change the protocol and see if it fixes the issues. Don’t forget to think about your network security setting at your own risk.
- Open your router setting and open your IP address. This looks something like this 192.168.5.1
- Make sure the security mode is not set as AES in any way. Select the wireless mode in security mode.
- After the security mode change, you can see if the changes have solved your problem or not.
- Solution 3- Use Ethernet- you will find that many devices will feature the option to connect to the network with wireless and wired. You can experiment by first connecting it to wireless mode and if things don’t work then you can just connect the wired mode.
These solutions of Roku Error Code 003 may be very helpful for you if you use them in the right direction. If things don’t work out well for you then you should hire experts. One such team of experts, which will help you solve your problem, is Rokucomlink They will help you provide quick answers to all your Roku issues. Users can share their problems with them and they will attempt to diagnose, repair and deploy your systems effectively.