Solving Roku error code 001 may sound tricky but it is not. This guide is a simple solution to the error code problem. You may have bought a new streaming player and looking forward to enjoying your favorite show on Netflix.
Roku error code 001 You linked the streaming player to a Roku account to start the system but you see the error messages right on your screen. This problem may keep you in tension. This thing is an activation error that comes up when linking your device to a Roku account. This error is known as the Roku Error 001.
Roku error 001 is occurred commonly because of the issue of activation on Roku. When you connect your Roku streaming player to your Roku account, whenever the activation code is denied by the Roku Server. This may happen if the code entered is incorrect or there is some problem with the server.
In Windows, you can do plenty of things using the command line. Transforming domain name to IP address using nslookup command is one of them. You can also find the IP address of any website’s host machine.
Here’s is the step by step procedure:
1. Roku Error code 001 – Click on the Start button and type cmd in the search box. Press “Enter”.
2. The Windows command prompt will open. Now type nslookup ftp.yahoo.com and press enter.
3. It will show you the Yahoo FTP IP address. This is an IP address of the server where yahoo.com is hosted. This way you can search for host machines for other websites
4. If you want to look up the IP address of a website then type nslookup in the command prompt and press enter.
5. Enter the domain name of any website & press enter. It would IP address for that website. For example, I typed google.com and pressed enter. It returned Google’s IP address: 184.108.40.206.
It means if I type http://220.127.116.11 in a browser’s address bar, google.com will open.
Reasons why Roku error Code 001 occurs?
- Punching the wrong code- You might have entered the wrong code in the given place. This may also be the case that the code you are trying to enter is expired.
- There might be server issues- Your internet connection might be responsible for the error too. It can be because of the slow speeds when you try to connect it to the server. One more reason could be that the server has timed out.
- Setup Problems- Always be careful when your setup your Roku device, otherwise your device can cause problems.
- A poor internet connection- Your internet connection may not be very fast. There may be another reason as electronic interference is on the same network. If your connection is working fine then, take a look at the router to ensure there is nothing wrong with it.
- Activation Roku error code 001- when you note down the Roku link code, always be careful so you don’t have to worry about the errors. When you enter the code, you should always double check before submitting it. You should avoid little errors like “caps lock on”, also make sure you use the code for submission within the given period.
- Check your server- Make sure your server is doing great and there is no error in this part. Make sure your device is not experiencing a purple screen Roku error.
- Broken internet- Make sure you properly take care of your network setup. If you are using the wired connection, make sure of using the LAN or Ethernet Link. Get in touch with your internet connection.
Resolving the Roku error 001 is a mandatory thing and there should be careful steps taken related to this. Activation Roku code 001 means there is an activation issue with your streaming player. Few times, the device will not activate even after you enter an activation code. You can check the fix of this code by following details-
• Initially, you should note down the link code.
• You must use the code in a given time frame as it may expire.
• You can use a new link code by using the help menu.
• You should check the internet connection in order to resolve the activation issue.
• You can check the ethernet or LAN cable when it is a wired connection.
• If a wired connection is not checked properly, you can check the router settings and verify them with stream device when it is wireless.
• You can go to the settings menu>open network>check connection.
• If it is an issue, you can contact your internet service provider.
• Get the IP address of the website using a DNS server.
• The second step is to communicate using HTTP data stream after opening an IP socket.
• Check if your data is received back by socket
• Make use of IP address to reconnect with the server.
Hope these steps will help you in solving the Roku error code 001. But if you find any confusion regarding the Roku technical support, you may visit a service provider RokuComSupport
Fixing the Roku Error Code 001 will be easy for you if you visit a team of experts too. You can take the help of Rokucomlink They also provide you information about Roku devices, their setup, installation, and troubleshooting.
They will help you activate your product and customize information. They also provide you the salient features of the product and usability of the product. Their back-end team of service providers is available round the clock to provide you with complete guidance about the operability of the product.
Activate Your Roku – Roku Com Link