Roku error code 014 is a part of the Roku device. Roku device is a popular streaming device that is used worldwide for entertainment purposes. This type of error occurs when Roku is failed to detect the IP address. When you set up Roku with Wi-Fi network, you will receive this kind of message.
Reasons behind Roku Error Code 014-
• You have put up a wrong Wi-Fi password
• The router is far-off from tv device
• Your network settings or router has some problem
• Maybe some antivirus or firewalls have caused some issues with your internet. Maybe they have blocked your internet.
How to fix it-
You can solve the Roku error code 014 by following the below steps-
• Make sure you checked that the password you entered is right
• The router should be as near as possible. It should not be too far. It should be near to your tv device.
• Make sure you check the proper network settings. There should not be any damage to the wire.
• Invalidate whitelist option which you saw on your Roku device.
• Disable the firewall and antivirus option
• Unplug your router with electricity.
• Restart your device after a few minutes.
It is safe to say that most Roku customers here have encountered the dreaded Roku error code 014 when trying to connect their roku o the wifi. Ever wonder what it really is? Why the error is coming up? What is it that you are doing wrong?
We’ll give you a complete overview of Roku Error code 014 and tell you how to resolve it. No matter what Roku model you have, while setting up your roku, you are very likely to come across this error. But what is Roku Error code 014?
Roku Error code 014 while perfoming the Roku Setup, in general entails that the device is not able to get an ip address from your Router. Thus, the device is not able to communicate with the router. Now there are a number of reasons why the roku might not get a valid ip address. This is properly represented by the device using an error code, in theis case Roku Error code 014. The proper format for this error is 014.xx where xx is another numeric pair that represents why the roku is not getting a local ip address.
Why does the Roku Error Code 014 come up on Roku?
Lets take a step by step approach to this and see how to resolve error 014. First of all this error comes up immediately after you enter your wifi password into the roku. So, here are the possible reasons we have come across that might bring up this error code.
- You entered the wrong WiFi password
- Your router is too far away
- You have enabled a whitelist on your router
- There is a problem with the network settings on your router
- An antivirus or firewall is blocking the roku’s access to the internet
In our experience as support providers for Roku Com Link we have come across this issue on a daily basis and can give you some easy steps on how to resolve this issue.
How to resolve Roku Error code 014?
To resolve the Roku error code 014, perform the following steps.
- Verify you have entered the correct password.
- Make sure the router is not too far off. A regular wifi router has a range of about 25 feet in closed areas. However the range is more in open areas.
- Unplug your router from electricity and give it some rest. After 30 seconds Plug in the router once again.
- Restart the Roku and try again.
- For a Roku with ethernet cord, this code simply entails that the wire is not working as expected, Get a replacement ethernet cord.
If after performing these steps, you still see error 014 then, there is a problem with either you network setting or another device on your network is blocking Roku’s access to the router. In such a case, the best course of action is to Call Roku Support at 1-888-335-1333. So, get handy with your laptop and call Roku Com Support and a technician will get your Roku connected successfully.