How To Change Roku WiFi Without Remote Changing the Roku Wi-Fi settings without remote is pretty simple and not so hard technique. Connecting a Roku to Wi-Fi is half the job done in the setup. When you set up the Roku device, you must ensure three things. One, you create a connection between Roku and TV Change Roku WiFi Without Remote.
Change Roku WiFi Without Remote Two, you join Roku and TV to power. And three, you connect Roku to a wireless internet service provider.
If it is just a Roku device, and not a Roku Streaming Stick, you also have the option to connect the device to the internet via a wired connection Change Roku WiFi Without Remote – Solved.
Change Roku WiFi Without Remote But, connecting a Roku Streaming Stick to the internet is only possible via a Wi-Fi router. But, how to change Roku Wi-Fi settings without remote?
When you have a Roku Streaming Stick or a Roku Streaming Stick Plus, you have an option to carry it with you to any place you go and you connect it with Wi-Fi in the hostel network or the dorm network.
How to Change Roku WiFi Without Remote So, how do I do this?
Roku remembers your network settings – Change Roku WiFi Without Remote!
Yes! Gratefully, Roku remembers the network that you connected it previously to. So, as long as you have a couple of mobile devices with you, and you remember the name and password of the network your Roku device was previously connected to, it will remember the details.
- Go to your Settings.
- In there, go to the Hotspot settings.
- Turn the hotspot on.
Change Roku WiFi Without Remote You will get a notification that will tell you that turning on the hotspot means that you share your internet with any device that’s connected to the phone. Accept the popup, and continue to the settings.
- Please go to the name of the device in the hotspot settings.
- Modify the name of the hotspot device. it should be exactly like the name of router to which your Roku was previously connected.
- Change the password to the same old password as well, the one that the other router used.
- So now when you have the internet connection, Roku will automatically connect on startup.
How to use Roku mobile Application – Change Roku WiFi Without Remote
Change Roku WiFi Without Remote – Roku has a mobile application too. This application is usually given to help those users who some how are not able to change the Roku Wi-Fi settings without the Roku remote. It’s a very useful way of changing the Wi-Fi settings.
- It’s a perfect substitute for Roku remote.
- You will have to control the Roku device no matter what you do.
- To do this, simply use your mobile phone instead of Roku remote. Install the Roku mobile application on that. So, please download the Roku application on your mobile device. Roku has a native application for both Android and iOS users, so you can download the application on both App Store and Play Store Change Roku WiFi Without Remote.
- Once you download the application, you will have to log in to your Roku account. After doing this, you would see the Roku application home screen, where you will see a remote symbol on the right bottom of the application.
- Now click on that for opening the virtual remote on the application. The virtual remote is similar to the physical remote, so you can use it as a replacement. Now, you can use these two phones, one as the hotspot and one as the remote. This is how to connect Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote.
- Connect a second mobile device to a mobile hotspot and then launch the Roku app.
- Using the mobile app as a remote, go to the network settings in your Roku.
- Change network settings to match the new Wi-Fi network you want the Roku to use Change Roku WiFi Without Remote.
- Toggle off mobile hotspot on your phone and connect it with new Wi-Fi network you just used for the Roku
- Use Roku mobile app remote as you would the original hardware remote. By following these, you will easily change Roku Wi-Fi settings without a remote.
How to Change Roku WiFi Without Remote – If you’re prone to misplacing your remotes, rest easy knowing some Roku models come with a remote finder feature.
Everyone knows the frustration of misplacing a remote. When all you want to do is relax and binge-watch your favorite show.
First you have got to set off on a top-to-bottom sweep of the room or house until you find it under the couch or in between the cushions Change Roku WiFi Without Remote.
If you misplace the remote to your Roku streamer, you can find it back. Some Roku streamers come with a remote finder function built-in, here’s how it works.
· Roku remotes that are compatible can play different sounds for the remote finder function.
· For changing sounds, go to settings > remote & select change remote finder sound. To preview the sound you selected, click preview remote finder sound.
Still Can’t Find It? Try One of These Alternatives – Change Roku WiFi Without Remote
If you cannot seem to find your Roku remote, you may not be so much lucky. You may try replacing the remote.
Another thing you can do is, purchase a universal remote, like the Inteset 4-in-1 Universal Remote. This is easily programmed to control most set-top boxes, televisions, streamers, and gaming consoles.
If you are looking for a simplest or easy way to change Roku Wi-Fi settings without using remote then we would advise you to visit our website Rokucomsupport as Roku device experts, we know what it takes to make your device rework like its new.
From the years long experience, we know our efforts are going to solve the problems of an end user. We have worked on all Roku setup issues, error codes, Wi-Fi issues, connection issues and more.
Roku Error Codes –